Website powered by

"Mission Complete"

From a shader programming class, I assembled a scene, textured and shaded it. I used Blender to rig and tweak the pose, add/edit UVs, and manage materials. I textured the character with Substance Painter. In Houdini, I assembled the scene, shaded the character and dunes (which used procedural textures), and rendered it in Mantra. For the footprints, I used the geometry from the feet, placed it along a curve, wrapped it to the dune geometry, and did a boolean operation. The compositing of the individual render layers was done in Natron, along with a few final tweaks.

The character mesh and a few of the UVs and base normal maps are from included files in this book: https://www.amazon.com/Character-Development-Blender-Jonathan-Williamson/dp/1435456254
The smoke is stock footage from ActionVFX

Wireframe

Wireframe